The Oregon Home Care Commission has shared information regarding the:
ENHANCED/EXCEPTIONAL WORKER PROGRAM
Enhanced and Exceptional workers provide services to consumers with certain medical and/or behavioral needs, AND have successfully completed a separate Enhanced Worker or Enhanced/Exceptional Worker training.
The first step is to complete a Readiness Assessment. You are allowed to take the Readiness Assessment once each time it is open. It is highly recommended that you review course manuals from the classes listed in the Readiness Assessment information if you have taken them.
We will hold the next Enhanced Homecare Worker certification course on Aug 17, 18, 31 and Sept 1, 2015. This will be held in either Portland, Salem or Eugene, depending on interest and qualified applications. An Enhanced Personal Support Worker course is planned for late 2015.
If you are interested in becoming certified, follow these steps:
• Go to the website: http://ohcc-training.org. (Note: this website does not work using Internet Explorer 7 or lower)
o Create an account if you do not already have one.
o Log in to your account. (This is not connected to your Registry account at this time).
o If you can’t remember your password, use the “forgot password link” and follow the instructions.
o Look under “Courses” for the Summer 2015 Readiness Assessment for Homecare Workers.
o Enroll in this course.
• Complete the Readiness Assessment.
• A score of 80% or higher is a passing score. A passing score allows you to access the application online.
• If you received a passing score, complete the application. You may submit it online, by email, or by US Mail. We must receive applications by Wednesday, July 15 at 5:00 pm.
• If you completed the Readiness Assessment online, you can review your answers after you submit your assessment. This will help you learn what areas you may want to review before the next assessment is released.
• You will need to send a copy of your CPR/First Aid certification with the application.
If you are unable to do this online, you can call or email us to request a paper copy. 1-877-867-0077 ext. 2 or Training.OHCC@state.or.us
For more information about the Enhanced Homecare Worker Certificate and the Enhanced or Exceptional Personal Support Worker Certificates, visit our web page: http://www.oregon.gov/dhs/spd/Pages/worker-cert.aspx