7 Corners Gallery
Seven Corners Gallery is excited to announce the work of Tyla Parsons has been chosen for the Fall 2019 Exhibition. It will be installed in mid-September. The window gallery can be found at 2475 SE Ladd Avenue on the side of the building facing SE Division Street. Stay tuned for details! Follow Community Vision on Facebook for the latest Gallery updates or visit cvision.org/the-gallery
Provider Update: FAQs about EVV System
As providers know, a new system called Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) was implemented on July 16th. If you're a provider and still have questions about PSW EVV, please let us know. You can find a quick list of answers to frequently asked questions on our website here: https://www.communitypath.org/psw-evv-system
IMPORTANT: Please note that the EVV system was not created and is not managed by brokerages, such as Community Pathways. It was created as a part of a federal law and was implemented by DHS. For more information and to register for an orientation session, visit https://www.oregon.gov/DHS/SENIORS-DISABILITIES/DD/PROVIDERS-PARTNERS/EVV%20Docs/How-to-Register-for-PSW-EVV-Orientation-Session-iLearn.pdf
How to ask for what you need and want:
· Talk with your personal agent about learning how to advocate for yourself at home and in the community.
· Contact the Oregon Self-Advocacy Coalition to learn how to advocate for yourself and get introduced to other self-advocates and networks of support.
How to get involved in a self-advocacy group in the community:
· Ask your personal agent to learn more about Build A Movement and Self-Advocates Taking Action, a group of self-advocates in the Portland Metro area who meet monthly and quarterly to discuss their top priorities: Housing, Healthcare, and DD services.
· For more information about BAM and SATA, contact Jennifer Knapp at email@example.com
How to advocate at the political level and speak with your legislators:
· Visit the GO! Project website https://orddcoalition.org/go-project/ to learn more about the joint efforts of the Oregon Council on Developmental Disabilities and the Oregon IDD Coalition to lead individuals and group in self-advocacy at the State Capitol in Salem.
The 15th Annual Walk, Roll 'n' Run for UCP
· Saturday, September 21st. Race starts at 10:30AM
· 240 SE Clay Avenue, Portland, OR
· Open to people of all ages and abilities
· Register at https://ucporegon.akaraisin.com/ui/walkrollnrun2019
Taking Charge of My Health Care Workshop
· Monday, September 30th, 10AM - 4PM
· Inclusion Inc., 50 SE 18th Avenue, Portland, OR 97214
· Free for people with I/DD and those who support them
· Questions? Call 503-494-1519 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
CPI October Game Night
Thursday, October 3rd 4-6PM
2475 SE Ladd Avenue, 4th Floor, Portland, OR 97214
Come hang out and play games!
Questions? Contact us at (503) 935-5243 or email@example.com
Portland Parks and Recreation
* Portland Parks and Recreation has lots of free resources! Whether it's a list of interactive fountains to cool down in, movies in the park, concerts or festivals, you can find it all on their website: https://www.portlandoregon.gov/parks/61921
Do you have other inclusive events you'd like to share with the community? Please let us know. Thank you!