Frequently Asked Questions

How do I become a personal support worker (PSW)?

Personal support workers are licensed or qualified through the Department of Human Services (DHS). Community Pathways assists with this process as a part of our contracted role with Oregon DHS. To work for customers of Community Pathways, schedule a PSW enrollment meeting with our provider specialist by calling (503) 935-5243 ext. 245.

Learn more about PSW enrollment.

what credentials do i need to renew and when?

Visit the Oregon DHS website for PSW renewal paperwork

PSW's are responsible for renewing their:

  • Criminal history check (CHC) every two years.

  • Provider enrollment application and agreement (PEAA) every five years.

Any time a PSW renews or makes changes to the following, they must notify brokerage staff:

  • Driver's license

  • Auto insurance

  • Personal information (Legal name(s), address, phone number, email, etc.)

Learn more about PSW enrollment and renewal.

How do I enter my time sheet in exprs?

Quick guide to eXPRS

Complete list of eXPRS guides

When do i need to submit my time sheet? how do i submit it?

Learn more about PSW billing instructions and calendar.


how do i check my weekly hour limit?

Personal support workers can check their weekly hour limit in eXPRS.

Important Note: In accordance with Oregon state law, as of September 1, 2016, personal support workers will have limitations to the number of hours they are authorized to work. To read the transmittal about the policy change, click here.

How do I change my direct deposit information and/or check on the status of my payment?

Contact PPL to change your direct deposit information, to check on the status of your payment, and to get copies of your payment invoices. Call 1(888) 419-7705 or email Learn more about PPL Support.

How do I contact exprs and ppl?

If you are having issues with logging in to your accounts, entering your time sheets or mileage sheets, or updating information:

what is a service agreement?

A service agreement is a document developed by a personal agent (PA) for an individual with an intellectual and/or developmental disability based on the individual's assessed needs and goals. It outlines the support services that are allowed to be paid for by an individual's plan. These services are often paid for with Medicaid dollars. This means it is important for the services outlined in the service agreement to match the individual's needs and goals. A signed service agreement must be in place before a provider may begin providing and billing for any services.

For more information about service agreements, contact a personal agent.


what is a progress note? Why does it matter?

Progress notes are an important aspect of providing support services to individuals. They help ensure that Medicaid funds are used appropriately to meet the needs of the individuals served by providers.

Learn about the PSW progress notes toolkit.

Learn more about progress notes and PSW resources.