Work and Volunteer with CPI
administrative assistant (Full-Time)
The purpose of this position is one of administrative support to Community Pathways, as a support services brokerage. The primary responsibility of the Administrative Assistant is overseeing office operations and supporting the staff with administrative duties. This position reports to the Fiscal Manager.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- General office support including filing, stocking and general upkeep of the office including developing plans to ensure the area is functional and in good repair.
- Direction of front desk operations including greeting visitors and alerting staff.
- Oversight of all office supplies and supply purchases in conjunction with the Executive Director.
- Answer phone and route telephone calls to appropriate parties including delivering messages when necessary.
- Manage outgoing mail, distribute incoming mail and assist with general mailings when needed.
- Manage and distribute customer billing
- Making copies, creating packets, fliers and promotional or educational materials as necessary for the operation of the organization.
- Assist with data entry and other tasks as needed.
- Assist with creating and sending Crisis and Transfer packets.
- Manage petty cash.
- Participates and takes notes during weekly staff meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Update agency phone and contact lists
- Assist with Board meeting preparations as needed including reminding members who may need additional assistance, room set up and ordering food.
- Develop and coordinate project plans, communicate changes in progress, complete projects on time and within budget.
- Assist with reference checks of new hires.
- Assist with creation of files and filing.
- Assist with entering and updating Customer information in data systems
- Support with community events.
- Look for ways to improve and promote quality, accuracy and thoroughness.
- Must have a strong command of Microsoft Office Suite (primarily Word and Excel)
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or Fiscal Manager
- Have intermediate computer skills and be knowledgeable about Microsoft Office Suite including working knowledge of spreadsheets, databases and word processing software.
- Possess Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to greet people and direct them in a friendly and professional manner.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely and effective manner including gathering and analyzing information, developing solutions and use reason when situations are emotionally challenging.
- Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities. Communicates openly and respectfully to all team members.
- Ability to make timely decisions using sound and accurate judgment seeking clarification when needed.
- Ability to prioritize work activities, including setting goals and objectives, ability to use time and resources efficiently.
- Maintains confidentiality of all records and others personal information.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor including, approaching others in a tactful manner, treating others with respect, accept responsibility for own actions and follow through on commitments.
- Understand and utilize philosophy of Self-Determination.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects in fast paced environment.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must be able to pass a Criminal History background check.
- Must able to legally work in the United States.
- Must be trained as a Mandatory Abuse Reporter.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to tbreshon[at]communitypath.org or by mail:
Community Pathways, Inc.
Attn: Tyler Breshon - Admin. Asst. Position
2475 SE Ladd Avenue, Suite 220
Portland, OR 97214
Application deadline: Tuesday, July 17th at 12:00 PM
Community Pathways is a sponsor of the 2018 Division/Clinton Street Fair & Parade on Saturday, July 21st. The event is organized by the Division Clinton Business Association.
We need help from volunteers to sit at Community Pathways' booth, greet visitors, hand out brochures, answer questions about Community Pathways and brokerage services (information will be provided). Help us connect with our local community by sharing who we are and what we do to assist people with disabilities to live empowered, self-determined lives.
WHAT: Division/Clinton Street Fair & Parade
- Community Pathways is an event sponsor and will have a booth at the fair
- We will not be participating in the parade portion of the event
WHEN: Saturday, July 21st from 8 AM to 6 PM.
- 8-10 AM set up
- 10 AM - 5 PM street fair
- 5-6 PM clean up
- Volunteers will be asked to sign up for 2-4 hour shifts
WHERE: SE Clinton Street and SE 25th Avenue
- The exact location of our booth is TBD
For more information about the Division Clinton Street Fair & Parade, visit https://www.divisionclinton.com/the-division-clinton-street-fair/
If you are interested in volunteering for this event, please call Kristine at (503) 935-5228
Thank you for your interest! We look forward to hearing from you.